Pumpkin . . . Fall 2011

Pumpkin . . . Fall 2011

Monday, June 28, 2010

Farm Store and Barberpole Worm Update

The Farm Store will open on July 9th. We pushed it back one more week to make sure everything is done right and the kitchen garden looks good (with all the rain over the past week - weeds are taking over).

Still no barberpole worm. Hunnie and Manon (my canaries:) are still bright red and everyone else has bright pink skin and are still very, very active. There are no laggards to the barn when called (they all come at my call - full speed).

Our vet is coming out this week and will confirm that there are no worms infecting my girls and boys this summer. If this is so then I think I have done what everyone said could not be done - eliminated this horrid parasite from our farm. If this can be replicated on other farms - then so many, many animals can be saved from anemic death.

Gardens are all in and I am starting in on second plantings of lettuce, radish, etc. Wonderful weather this summer. Yesterday we spent the afternoon on the ocean with friends and their beautiful boat. Mark, Declan and I had a wonderful time.

The harvest is just beginning . . . .

Buy local . . . . eat well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment