Pumpkin . . . Fall 2011

Pumpkin . . . Fall 2011

Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Christmas Gift . . . . oh my gosh!!! A SOUS VIDE MACHINE!!!!!




I was floored this Christmas. Mark gave me a Sous Vide Machine. I am now in high tech foodie heaven. This thing (a very high tech water oven) will cook meats, vegetables and some fruits perfectly through temperature controlled water immersion. Think of Thomas Keller of the "French Laundry" when you see this in your kitchen . . . . yes . . . cooking in our household will now go from three stars to five stars with this contraption.




So this is what I cooked tonight . . . . Narrangansett Turkey Breast with pesto mayo on a bed of spring greens, hothouse tomatoes and garlic croutons . . . . the turkey was to die for. One of the best meat dishes that I have ever cooked. Next up is our lamb, chicken and the last duck that I have saved for this winter. Oh, and I have some great baby back pork ribs from Tide Mill Farm . . . . may put those in tonight and have them on Tuesday. Love this machine . . . . Thanks so much my big Honey!!!!

Buy Local . . . . Eat Well . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment